Watch graduate-level American history courses on your own time and schedule
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History’s Self-Paced Course series offers graduate-level courses taught by eminent historians, available to watch or listen to at your own time and pace.
Courses in the series range from early American history through the end of the twentieth century and feature some of the nation’s foremost American history scholars.
Each self-paced course includes
- Five to seven video seminars, each approximately two hours in length, by an eminent historian in Gilder Lehrman’s online graduate course program
- Digital labs, and pedagogy sessions
- MP3 audio recordings of each lecture
- Primary sources and readings that create a deeper understanding of the material
- An online quiz to review your knowledge
- A certificate of completion for the course. Gilder Lehrman can also send a letter verifying that you have completed 15 professional development contact hours per course. (Note: if you are interested in graduate credit options, please visit our online course homepage.)
- Standard Price: $39.99
- Affiliate Price: $24.99 (Learn more about Gilder Lehrman’s Affiliate School and Public Library Affiliate programs)
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.